4.18.2005

Asshat of the week


With an assault weapon in each hand, Ted Nugent had this to say to a gathering of National Rifle Association members in Houston:

"Let's next year sit here and say, 'Holy smokes, the NRA has 40 million members now.' No one is allowed at our barbecues unless they are an NRA member. Do that in your life. Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em! To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

UPDATE: Jim McPherson in FL writes:
Love the "Asshat of the Week" postings. The one with Ted Nugent was a hoot. What a dork! Ol' Ted will feel right at home here in sunny FLA if they pass the "Wild West" law that's currently under consideration. It would basically give you the right to blow away anyone you feel is threatening you. Of course, what constitutes a "threat" has not been defined yet---as it stands, I could look at you the wrong way and you could bust a cap in my ass with no fear of reprisal! The lawyers must be salivating like Pavlovs'dogs!

Whoever thought this was a good idea definitely needs an Asshat award. I think all winners should receive a pair of the WildSects classic thongs,
(Available here). Tell them it's protective headgear--- so that their stupid thoughts don't leak out and contaminate the rest of us !!! :-)

No comments: