3.15.2005

Farewell to Lazy Mango


I was saddened to hear of the demise of Lazy Mango book shop in Siem Reap, Cambodia. It was owned by my friend Don who now owns Dasa Book Cafe in Bangkok.

Don is an excellent writer and I always looked forward to the updates on his web site describing in wonderful detail daily life in Siem Reap and the surrounding areas. I often felt as if I were there. As if I had gotten to know some of the characters he described so well. The story about his journey to an alternative entrance into the temple Angkor Wat is fascinating. I am now determined to travel there and visit Don some day. I hope he has a spare cot :-)

You can read Don's current stuff here. He explains some of the events that led up to the closing of Lazy Mango.

I suppose the Lazy Mango t-shirt Don sent me is now a collector's item :-)

No comments: