3.16.2005

New Joe Perry DualDisc coming May 3



On May 3 one of my all time favorite guitar heroes is releasing a new solo cd. I can't wait! I've always loved Aerosmith but lately (since re-hab) they seem to have lost their edge somewhat. They tend fall back on power ballads entirely too often. Of course one of their very best early songs was a great power ballad entitled "Dream On". They still rock with the best of them though. I expect Joe's new offering will be more gritty than what the band has done in the last decade or so. The exception being, of course, "Honkin' On Bobo". That cd took me back to the glory days.

Joe's is going to be a DualDisc featuring a CD on one side and a DVD on the other. The DVD side features the full album in 5.1 surround sound, an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of the new album in Joe's home studio, along with candid on-the-road footage of Joe and his family. It will also include 2 tracks using UmixIt technology.

If you pre-order ($13.99), like I did, you'll get a free 2 oz. bottle of Joe's own brand of hot sauce. I'm still a sucker for that type of crap.

joeperrymusic.com

No comments: