3.08.2005

Friggin' spyware!!!

A couple of weeks ago I had an especially nasty (in every sense of the word) piece of spyware on my computer that I couldn't seem to get rid of. At the time I was using AdAware and SpyBot which usually worked well. Or so I thought. A couple of times I thought I had gotten rid of the nasty only to have it show up again the next day.

WinXP News to the rescue. In the newsletter I receive from them they endorsed a product called Counterspy. Here's what they say about it:

CounterSpy was chosen as PC World's BEST BUY. For good reason:
CounterSpy has the best spyware database in the industry, the
highest detection rate, and has the fastest scan times. It's just
$19.95, and that includes a subscription of one year with updates,
upgrades and technical support. Best of all, you can help fighting
spyware! Become a member of ThreatNet (one click) and you can report
on suspicious malware. Spyware is a threat to your privacy and slows
down your PC. The answer is CounterSpy. It has Active Protection™,
call it a "spy-wall." Buy CounterSpy now for $19.95, get live tech
support from right here the U.S.!


I took advantage of the 15 day eval and gave it a try. It not only removed the nasty I had been trying to get rid of but found several others that SpyBot and AdAware had overlooked. Needless to say I plunked down my $20 and bought it. I have not regretted it. It's a very powerful tool.

In today's newsletter, WinXP News announced "CounterSpy Wins PC WORLD BEST BUY". Read about it here.

Go ahead and try it for 15 days. Get it here.

No comments: