3.03.2005

Hunter S. Thompson on Dubya

This is priceless...

"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing.

He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him.

But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away."

-- Hunter S. Thompson, on meeting Dubya at a Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, that IS priceless. And from all the tales that I've heard (including those from Texans that used to "party" with him), that is an accurate picture of young Dubya. And this moron is the US president? I remain incredulous.