6.02.2005

Kansas politician doesn't think women should be allowed to vote...

...and she's running for Secretary of State (which oversees elections). This is further proof that most GOP politicians are a few fries short of a happy meal.

State Sen. Kay O'Connor had this to say about the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1920, which gave women the right to vote: "I think the 19th Amendment, while it's not an evil in and of itself, is a symptom of something I don't approve of. The 19th Amendment is around because men weren't doing their jobs, and I think that's sad. I believe the man should be the head of the family. The woman should be the heart of the family."

WTF? Is she serious? And she wants to hold public office?

Read all about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's HELD public office since 1993.

AND she's pretty (link to her site at my blog)!

Mixter