5.20.2005

Public hasn't been this disgusted with Congress since 1994...

...when voters threw the Democrats out.

Normally it would make me deliriously happy to hear that. Then reality (or pessimism) rears it's ugly head I start thinking that since the Republicans rule with a rigged voting machine, what chance do we really have to take back Congress next year? Will there be more of the same? I sincerely hope that the watchdogs are serious about keeping an eye on the irregularities this time. And there will be irregularities unless we insist on paper trails or paper ballots. I, for one, refuse to use the machines. Being a poll worker I get to use an absentee ballot. I urge everyone else who has the slightest suspicion with their local elections board to use absentee ballots as well.

Approval of Congress
Erodes in Survey

No comments: