5.11.2005

More military recruitment shenanigans

Chris Monarch wanted to join the Army so he made an appointment with a local Army recruiter, Sgt. Kelt. When a new baby came along, Chris changed his mind. Apparently he hung up on the recruiter when he called to confirm the appointment. Kelt told Chris that he would face arrest if he didn't keep his appointment. here's a transcript of the message Monarch received:
Sgt. Kelt: "Hey Chris, this is Sgt. Kelt at the army, man, I think we got disconnected. Ok, I know you're on your cell, probably, and, uh you just had bad reception, connection or something like that. I know you didn't hang up on me. Anyway, uh, by, by uh, federal law you've got an appointment with me at two o'clock this afternoon at Greenpoint Mall, ok? That's the Greenpoint Mall army recruiting station at two o'clock. Fail to appear, and, uh, we'll have a warrant, ok? Give me a call back (phone number given) bye."

In fear, Monarch called the recruiter back. Chris recounted that Kelt said, "Oh Chris, don't worry about that. That's just a marketing technique I use."
See the scumbag in action. Click here and then click Video: Desperate Army Recruiters.

No comments: